Diane Fraser Manager • over 3 years ago
A few things related to app content; premium versions; charging a fee for app features; and developer liability.
We’d like to clarify a few things related to app content; premium versions; charging a fee for app features; and developer liability.
1) Developers can create additional features for the app that users must pay for as long as the other app content is free and addresses the required insights. The additional features that require the user to pay a fee must clearly state that there is a fee for using that feature before the user accesses that feature.
2) Developers can create a premium version of the app available for a cost while the winning app is available on the market for free for one year.
3) If the winning app utilizes content from the asset file, it is assumed that the developer will update the app at least once during the year when the app is available for free. This update will include any updates to outdated or broken links.
4) Developers are expected to fix bugs in the app during the year when the app is available for free, and these fixes can be done in routine bulk fixes.
5) Developers concerned about liability are reminded that per Article 14. Limitation of Liability of the Challenge Rules and Regulations, an applicant assumes all risks from their participation in this Challenge. However, contestants are free to provide appropriate disclaimers in their App as necessary.
Comments are closed.